This is an individual project of 3000 words +/- 10%.
Your task: critically describe and evaluate Ali Baba’s current organizational structure and overall business configuration and then suggest a suitable adaptation to improve its performance. The adaptation might be to flatten it, make it more customer focused, nimble, networked, cost efficient, or any combination of these or another significant performance improvement that you identify.
Assignment guidelines: You should include the following headings in your assignment:
i) Critical evaluation of the organization-s current status; ii) Critiqueofcurrentrestructuringplanandoptions
iii) Action & control plan
Issues which are dealt with in each section do not intend to exclude others you may consider relevant as well.
i) Critical evaluation of the organization’s current status
Issues that may be covered include (though not exclusively):
• Analyze the Ali Baba’s main business line by profits and revenues along with the various business models the Corporation has pursued in the various market segments during the past five years both in China and Worldwide.
• Identify which environmental factors (Use Raskino and Gartner Group’s model) may have influenced the company’s Business strategy (use Porter’s generic strategy framework) and the type of control strategy the organisation has chosen (bureaucratic, market and clan). Explain how the concept of Smart business applies to the Alibaba group.
• Indicate three major business policies the company currently uses to guarantee that Ali Baba will effectively meet its growth objectives. Comment on how the organisation structure, culture and processes have evolved in recent years to support such policies up to the pre-COVID era.
ii) Critique of current reorganization plan and options
The restructuring plan post-COVID should set out :
• Main strategic objectives sought.
• Any concomitant changes to the organisation’s strategic vision, business
philosophy, use of technology and alliances.
• Improvements needed to the existing organisation and the nature of the
program – cost reduction, operational improvement, service improvement and
any related changes to management style and skills.
• Whether to drop (divest) any current SBUs, which ones to develop further, and
which new ones to start.
• Type of control strategy the organisation will use (bureaucratic, market and
iii) The Action & Control Plan In this part formulate actions to concretise the restructuring
• A milestone action plan indicating who will be responsible (Strategic Business Unit, Division) for the respective actions to be undertaken in the implementation of the restructuring plan, and when these actions will be undertaken.
• An overall framework to monitor and control (measure) that the restructuring plan is being implemented to required time, quality and cost standards and its goals achieved.
Conclusion: Summary and explanation of findings and methodology
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.