This assignment is based on the need to meet the following learning outcomes;
1. Critically discuss the evidence base used for skilful mental health nursing interventions, including skills needed when supporting people of all ages, those with coexisting physical health problems, or with a coexisting learning disability.
2. Be able to identify and critically analyse a range of theoretical perspectives and models of mental health and illness, including the medical model, the stress vulnerability model and the strengths model used when undertaking full and accurate person-centred mental health nursing assessments and developing appropriate care plans.
3. Critically discuss the rationale that underpins the current safeguarding arrangements for mental health care, including legislation, policy and professional obligations such as Mental Health Act, the Mental Capacity Act and NMC Standards.
1. Demonstrate skilfulness in partnership working with people, families and carers to continuously monitor, evaluate and reassess the effectiveness of all agreed mental health nursing care plans and care, sharing decision making and readjusting agreed goals, documenting progress and decisions made.
2. Discuss how interpersonal values and skills are necessary to promote recovery oriented mental health nursing practice thereby demonstrating the ability to support service user self-management.
3. Use inquiry skills to access and demonstrate critical understanding of the evidence base relating to issues covered in the module.
Based on the case study below
Malcolm is a 66-year-old male. He has a diagnosis of Bipolar Affective Disorder with a 15-year history of using Mental Health (MH) services. Malcolm is a retired Royal Air Force (RAF) officer, who has served in three conflicts abroad. He is in receipt of RAF pension only. He lives in a low-income house with his partner and four children aged 10, 11, 15 and 17 years. Their 10 year old son Calvin has profound and multiple learning disabilities.
Malcolm has recently contacted a car dealership with the intent of purchasing two new cars. He also said to his friend Jack that his home is too small and would like to purchase a house the size of a castle or may be one for each of the children in the near future. He has a history of substance misuse problems and often takes cannabis.
Malcolm’s wife Katie is his full-time carer and carer for their children. Katie also has a history of using MH services. Katie is Jewish, a vegan and has a diagnosis of Paranoid Schizophrenia and Anxiety Disorder. She has a history with the Crisis Team and has a care coordinator within the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT). Katie is moderately obese and also has a diagnosis of hypertension but is not happy taking any medication. As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), you arrive on the ward after Katie has been admitted on Section 3 (Treatment Order) after an assessment under the Mental Health Act. Prior to this assessment Katie was non-concordant to any form of treatment, frequently telling Malcolm that tablets are contaminated with poison.
After hand over, you are assigned as her primary nurse and you need to complete a comprehensive care plan for Katie.
Based on the Case Study, what would inform your in-depth critical formulation of a comprehensive recovery focused care plan. Focus on the 3 themes of your choice that you are going to prioritise in your care plan e.g. (physical health, medication, CBT) etc.
Use current prevailing literature and guidelines to inform your critical think and writing of your identified themes.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.