Prompt: Choose one song that tackles any social issue and discuss the effectiveness of its message.
Further details:You will include no more than one reference to provide support about the history or background of the societal problem. The essay should include yourown detailed interpretation of the song and should discuss the persuasive impact on audiences. Please do not consult any outside sources for your song analysis; the analysis should be yours alone. Follow MLA formatting rules.
Length:2-3 pages (Works Cited will be your 4th or 5th page, depending on length)
Students will learn to:
• Develop and implement a writing process
• Demonstrate an awareness of persuasive tools in songs including, ethos, pathos and logos
• Practice active reading strategies
• Demonstrate critical thinking and analysis
• Find and use credible research
• Follow MLA formatting rules for academic writing and research
• Organize an essay with a thesis statement, topic sentences, supporting evidence and transitions
• Embed a quotation following MLA rules
• Avoid punctuation pitfalls: run-ons, fragments, missing commas, misplaced semi-colons.
• Employ a variety of sentence types and lengths
• Use the literary present tense when analyzing the song lyrics
See Online Syllabus for due dates:
• Complete draft for small-groupWriting Workshop on Zoom (20 points on rubric).
• Final copy due by 11:59pm to Canvas on due date.
|Song Analysis Rubric and Checklist||Points
|Content: Background and Analysis (40 points)
• Includes relevant background/historical information from at least one credible source• Provides thoughtful, original analysis of the song (do NOT consult outside sources), clearly addressing the prompt
• Demonstrates an awareness of persuasive strategies, including ethos, pathos, logos
• Reveals close reading/critical thinking, including artist’s use of imagery/figurative language
|Organization and Style (20 points)
• Embeds quotations correctly following MLA rules (no more than 1 or 2 per paragraph)• Uses consistent present tense during song analysis
• Writes a clear thesis statement that addresses the prompt
• Includes an introduction, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion
• Develops paragraphs that follow a logical format (Claim-Evidence-Commentary) with clear topic sentences
• Transitions between ideas using transitional words/phrases
|Grammar/Mechanics (20 points)
• Follows MLA formatting rules for heading, title, spacing, font, font size• Follows MLA rules for Works Cited and in-text citations
• Uses author and title punctuation and capitalization correctly
• Has minimal problems with the following errors: run-ons, fragments, missing commas, and misplaced semi-colons
|Workshop Participation (20 points)
• Student participates with a full draft in the Zoom Writing Workshop.• If absent for Zoom workshop with peers, student shows proof of online Writing Center visit or electronic sharing and responding with 2 or more classmates. This option may be used only once per semester.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.