Consider that you are the designer of a speed reducer that is part of of the power transmission for a tractor. The Tractor’s engine operates at a fairly high speed, while the drive for the wheels must rotate more slowly and transmit a higher torque that is available at the output of the engine.
The design process will start first by listing the functions of the speed reducer or the functional requirements of the reducer. Some probable functions can be stated as follows:
1. To receive power from the engine of the tractor through a rotating shaft.
2. To transmit the power through machine elements that reduce the speed to a desired value.
3. To deliver the power at a lower speed to an output shaft that ultimately drives the wheels of the tractor.
Secondly the design requirements shall be stated. As a member of the design team for the tractor, you would be able to identify such requirements from your own experience and ingenuity and or by consultation with fellow designers, marketing staff, manufacturing engineers, service personnel, suppliers, and customers.
The product realization process calls for personnel from all of these functions to be involved from the earliest stages of design.
1. The reducer must transmit Hin [kW] power. (Note that power assignment is listed for each student separately in kW!)
2. The input is from a six-cylinder diesel engine with a rotational speed, nin = 2000 rpm.
3. The output shaft of the reducer delivers the power at rotational speed nout = of 290 ± 1 rpm. (Output speed is the same for all students!)
4. A mechanical efficiency of greater than 95 % is desirable.
5. The minimum output torque capacity of the reducer should be _______ N-m. (This output torque will depend on your input power and the specified output speed.)
6. The reducer output shaft is connected to the drive shaft for the wheels of the farm tractor. Therefore, a moderate shock (at output) will be encountered.
7. The input and output shafts must be inline.
8. The reducer (gear) housing is to be fastened to a rigid steel frame of the tractor.
9. Small size is desirable. (e.g., your gearbox size will depend on the transmitted power assigned to you) must be given as Width x Length times heigth)- – given such as, 510 x 510 mm with a maximum height of 610 mm. (These will differ for your case!)
10. The tractor is expected to operate 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, with a design life of 15 years.
11. The reducer must be protected from the wheather and must be capable of operating anywhere at temperatures ranging from -5 b 0 C to 55 0 C.
12. Flexible couplings will be used on the input and output shafts to prohibit axial and bending loads from being transmitted to the reducer.
13. The production quantity is 1 000 units per year!
14. Moderate cost is critical to successful marketing.
15. All government and industry safety standards must be met (this shall add a bonus for every positive answer.).
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.