imagine yourself in the future, 7-10 years from now; it’s been a bit since you graduated from college and a bit since you took orst100. you are purging your google drive/box/other cloud service of old files when you unexpectedly come across something entitled “note to future self.” curious, you open the document and are brought back to fall 2020 and our class.
in this note, you:
1) reflect—what are the THREE most important things that you did and learned in this course this semester? what makes them worth holding onto?
* Decide between organizational metaphors: organizations as psychic prison, organizations as brain, organizations as organisms, and organizations as political systems
* I have included annotated copies of each chapter. Please skim to get a better idea of what we have covered throughout this semester. Thanks
2) project—how will you continue to develop that learning and doing? how will you apply it in your life outside of orst100 and well beyond orst100? this could be in any organizational setting that has meaning/signficance for you; for example, in your academic, workplace, community, and/or any other aspect of your organizational life.
audience: write for future you, who may have a vague memory of the present you
length: 2-2.5 pages, single spaced with a space between paragraphs
citing: yes, if you use or extend ideas from others
format: whatever style or genre of writing is best for your self-expression—you decide
main criteria: what you write meets your need to connect with and be understood by others, as well as meets others needs to connect with and understand you
orst100 “cover letter to my readers” instructions (1-page)
assignment 1 will go through peer review and revision. to facilitate the process, authors will insert a one-page “cover letter to my readers” at the front of your assignment for version 1 and for version 2. cover letters are single spaced, with one space between paragraphs, Calibri font, size 11, 1-inch margins on all sides.
VERSION 1 cover letter
in the cover letter for version 1, you will: 1) summarize to readers the main point/argument/message you are trying to get across, 2) describe what you see as your work’s strengths and weaknesses, and 3) ask for help–how can your peer reviewers can help you in the revision process? start with a greeting (Dear X, etc.) and end with a closing and your name.
your cover letter to your reader will address all of these points:
* after having written version 1, what do you see as your main idea or point? restate it as clearly and compellingly as you can, without looking back at your paper. sometimes we are better able to articulate our argument once we step away from it. this could be a paragraph or a couple of sentences.
* fill in the following template: “before reading my reflection, my readers probably think [this certain or common way] about [my topic]. however, after reading my reflection, my readers will [think this new/different way about my topic].”
* tell us, what are the biggest problems you’re having at this point in the writing process?
* tell us, what idea or point do you feel you’ve made most successfully? Least successfully?
* finally, what’s the number one question about your essay that you’d like your reviewers to focus on? use the “Lexicon” vocabulary here: thesis, structure, motive, voice, etc.
* I have also included attachments of the course syllabus, introduction to organizational metaphors, chapter readings on the organizational metaphors (annotated to make your life easier… Please skim) and a sample of what the cover letter should look like.
* I would like to thank you for time and consideration for this paper. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.