This assignment provides the student an opportunity to apply the elements of the first step in the research process. This step is critical because it guides the research so that it most appropriately answers the research question. These steps lay the foundation for the study.
Four pages total are allowed for this assignment. title page, two pages for the assignment, and a reference page.
This assignment has three (3) parts: identifying the problem, the literature review, and identifying variables. The assignment is based on one (1) article that will apply to all three parts. Successful completion requires the student to complete all three parts (Total points possible = 20).
1. Select a research study article that provides a clear and concise research problem, literature review, and variables (Note: make sure you are selecting a research study, NOT a systematic review, literature review, case study, or meta-analysis article). Hint: if you are unsure about your article selection, ask your faculty member if the article is appropriate.
2. The chosen study must be about veteran or veteran-family related research.
3. The study does not have to be from a nursing database or nursing research. Other databases are acceptable.
4. Provide a reference in proper APA format (at the end of your assignment as a separate reference page per APA format).
5. In addition to your assignment, submit the associated article, not a link to the article.
6. Keep this article because you will use it again in Assignments #5 and #6. (Note: for these assignments, you will be discussing data analysis/statistics and implications for practice; so look for this information when selecting your research article).
Part 1: Identifying the Problem
1. What is the problem statement from the chosen article? (this may be a direct sentence(s) from the article, or a sentence(s) you have paraphrased that identify the problem)
Part 2: Literature Review
1. Summarize the review of literature from your article including all the questions below.
a. Is the literature review present? Does it reflect critical issues related to main concepts? Identify those critical issues and the main concept(s) related to it.
b. Are the references current? Examine the number of sources in the last five and ten years in the reference list.
c. Is the development of ideas clear to demonstrate the progression of ideas through previous research? Provide a narrative of the progressive development. (For example: study by Smith helped understand the variable, it was a qualitative study. Study by Jones used the variables in a descriptive study. Study by Wesson eliminated 1 variable in their correlational study. This study used all variables, disregarding the correlational study elimination, with statistically significant outcomes.)
d. Is there a written summary synthesis of the reviewed scholarly literature?
Part 3: Identifying Variables
Note: Page 153 of your textbook offers the 4 (four) categories of variables.
1. Identify the 4 (four) categories of variables and identify a variable from your study for each category of the 4 (four) variables, as applicable. Hint: not all studies will have variables of each category, please note if your study does not contain variables of a certain type.
1. Proper citations
Proper references (on a separate page with proper heading per APA guidelines)
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.