This discussion will be graded using the discussion participation rubric.
Your manager calls you into his office.
It has happened. Your organization will be taken over by a competitor. The building in which you work will be closed and eventually sold. Your new work location will be announced. It may be in another city or state. Your manager now reports to Mr. Spitler, Vice President of Human Resources for the new parent organization.
Mr. Spitler will determine your future work location and duties. He has stated that salaries and titles will stay the same but are subject to review. Your current Human Relations Department will be disbanded, and you and fellow employees will be reassigned to the parent company Human Resource Department under Mr. Spitler.
Ten percent of the employees in your organization, both union and management, will be terminated or transferred. Those terminated will be paid a month’s salary instead of notice. Mr. Spitler has determined who he wishes to retain and who will be transferred or terminated. You and your manager have been informed of his decisions. You have no say in these changes but are responsible for announcing them and carrying them out.
You have been told not to worry, but do not know what will happen to you or your manager. You have considered resigning, but a quick check of your peer network inside and outside the company tells you that the likelihood of finding a job equal to the one you now have is very small.
Although the take-over has been rumored, you and your manager are the only ones in your organization who are aware that the decision has been made. In one week, the changes, including who will stay and who will leave, will be announced. Those who are terminated will be counseled and escorted from the building. While they are being interviewed, security will retrieve and box their personal, belongings which will be given to them when they leave the building. To prevent sabotage, you have been instructed to inform no one they have been terminated in advance.
Mr. Spitler stated that given your past performance, you are tasked to assist your manager in seeing than the changeover is carried out successfully. You and your manager will spend the weekend determining how you will prepare your organization for the changes, beginning Monday morning.
You meet with your manager and discuss the following tasks:
1. Goal Setting: What do we have to accomplish, and by what criteria will we measure success?
2. Leadership: How can we provide leadership in this time of change?
3. Communication: How should we communicate the changes to the various groups involved? What should we communicate, and when should we communicate it? Some of those who are leaving have worked with us for years. They include friends, rivals, those we don’t mind losing, and those we wish we could keep. Also, some of those who have been designated to stay may decide to find jobs elsewhere. (So would we if we could).
4. Morale and Trust: How can we maintain group cohesion, minimize conflict, and retain the trust of the workers who will remain? How can we prevent negative group think? After the changes are made, we will still need to work together with those who are left. We will not be able to do that if we lose their confidence now.
5. Stress Reduction: How can we minimize stress and prevent verbal or physical violence? There is at least one employee to be terminated who has gone through the substance abuse program and was at one time considered a suicide risk. There is another employee who has been known to be violent when angry.
6. Addendum: Personal (Not personnel) Management: How do we keep our own mental and emotional balance while accomplishing this stressful task, knowing that we also are at risk?
7a. What did you learn from this assignment?
7b. How could this assignment be improved?
The posting should be no longer than three double-spaced pages with one inch margins using a size 11 or 12 font. (It may be shorter). It will be graded using the discussion participation rubric.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.