Part A: Use Data1 tab to answer questions 1 to 5. Use Data1 and Data2 tabs for question 6.
1) What is the total number of public pension plans in the United States? List five states with the highest number of pension plan. How many different plans does each state have? How many plans does your home state have?
2) List five states with best funded pensions and five states with worst funded pensions. You must explain your selections. Describe the funding status of your home state? How does it compare to other states?
3) What are the total amount of pension assets and pension liabilities in 2017 in the United States? Which state has the highest amounts? Explain why a high level of pension assets may not correspond to a low level of pension liabilities. How about your home state?
4) Do you see any trend for public pension systems across the years from 2001 and 2017? Please focus on three comparisons: total assets vs. total liabilities, total contribution vs. total benefits, and total expenses vs. total returns. How about your home state? Bonus Point: Describe the pension challenge faced by your state.
5) What are the average retirement age and service benefit age in the United States? Which state has the highest and lowest average? What are the total number of membership and total size of payroll in the US? Which state has the highest membership and largest payroll? How about your home state?
6) You saw an article on the Wall Street Journal about pension issues (here’s the link to the article https://graphics.wsj.com/table/Connecticut_102015). Does your analysis above support the findings in the article? Do you think the wealth of the state affects the health of pension system (use Data 2)? Please discuss.
Part B: Use Pivot Tables and create the tables in excel.
1) Provide a table to show the total number of public pension plans for each state. Use “summarize values by sum” and sort from the lowest to highest.
2) Present a table to show Total Pension Assets, Total Pension Liabilities, Funding Ratios and Funding Status. Use “Fiscal Year” as filter and “summarize values by sum.”
3) Present a table to show Total Assets, Total Liabilities, Total Contributions, Total Benefits Paid, Total Pension Expense, and Returns across years from 2001 to 2017. Use “summarize values by sum”. Use graphics (i.e., bar chart, line, etc.) to make required comparisons.
4) Present a table to show Average Retirement Age, Average Service Benefit Age, Total Membership and Total Payroll across states. Use “summarize value by sum” for the first two items and “summarize value by average” for the next two items.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.