1. What is meant by the phrase “Childhood is socially constructed?”
2. Discuss how childhood socialization is based both “biologically” and “culturally”.
3. Compare and contrast “means based social programs” and “age based social programs”. Give an example of each, and discuss how these programs impact children in the U.S.
4. List some of the reasons why studying children is more challenging than studying adults. What techniques have researchers used to address these challenges? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the macro vs. micro level methods described in the text?
5. How might each of the socioeconomic changes impacting the family as discussed in class make the experience of childhood qualitatively different today from what it was like in the 1950’s and 1960’s?
6. Describe and discuss the challenges immigrant children face and how they contribute to their families as “language brokers.”
NOTE: Your answers should reflect your knowledge of what we have discussed in class, referring to class material is required to answer these questions fully and correctly! These are worth 10 pts. each, so your answers should be detailed and well written. Short answers that consist of one or two lines will not receive full credit. Be sure to give your answers a good edit before submitting.
POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED FOR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ERRORS! Three points will be deducted for each day the exam is late!
Answers are to be typed, double spaced, at least 12 font.
NOTE: This is an open book, open notebook exam. Answers should be written “in your own words”. Answers that are copied right from the lectures and texts will not receive points. THIS IS NOT A GROUP PROJECT!
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.