Students will choose a book from the following list and write a review essay, 5+ pages. 12 pt. font, 1” margins, Times New Roman, Double Spaced. Students will be marked off for not adhering to these guidelines. 90 points. Do not use personal pronouns (specifically- you, me, us, our, my, I) or contractions, as this is formal writing. Students must use 2 outside sources (secondary sources) and include them and the chosen book in a Works Cited page. Cite sources within essay- use whichever format you personally know, for most of you, that will be MLA, but in History, we use Chicago/Turabian Style.
MAKE SURE TO CHOOSE AND ORDER A BOOK WITHIN THE FIRST COUPLE OF DAYS OF CLASS. IF YOU DO NOT GET A BOOK ORDERED PROMPTLY, YOU WILL HAVE TO WRITE ON SOMETHING THAT IS OFFERED ONLINE, LIKE POETRY.
STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT THE ESSAY ONLINE THROUGH CANVAS. WHEN SUBMITTED, YOUR PAPER WILL GO THROUGH “TURN IT IN,” A PLAGIARISM CHECKER- TURNITIN DOES NOT RECOGNIZE GOOGLE DOCS, SO PLEASE REFORMAT YOUR PAPER INTO AN UPLOADABLE DOCUMENT, PREFERABLY .DOC, .DOCX
1. Introduction- Name author and text. Need a thesis. (A thesis is an opinion based on evidence- an argument). If your book has an introduction, make sure to read it because it is full of analyses and will give you ideas (One paragraph)
2. Biography of Author- birth to death (3/4 page)
3. Historical Background- What is going on at the time this book was written? Keep the material relevant to the topic addressed in the book, when applicable. (Internet acceptable for this portion, but cite website- DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA) (1/2 page)
4. Summary of book/essays/poems (1 pg)
5. Analysis of work’s social/cultural/political influence. This can be open ended, but I recommend you read book reviews and analyses online. These are located on your access to the library databases. For example: What contentious issues does it/does it not address? Why do you think the author wrote this book? What message is the author trying to convey? How does the work challenge or reinforce Social Stigmas, Gender/Race/Class Relations? (Internet also acceptable for this work). THIS IS A CRITICAL SECTION. MAKE SURE YOU THINK ABOUT IT THOUGHTFULLY (1 pg)
6. How does this piece relate to what we have or have not learned in class or from textbook? (one paragraph)
7. What are your opinions about the work? (Do not use first person)- Write a review (one paragraph)
8. Conclusion- should restate your thesis. (one paragraph)
9. Works Cited on Separate page
If you come the instructor within one week before the due date and share your thesis, I will offer comments and add 2 points to your final paper.
Many of these works are classic pieces of literature and have SparkNotes/ Wikipedia entries etc… Students who use these will be marked down 20 points. DO NOT USE THEM. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE (copying someone’s work as your own). Plagiarism will result in a Zero on the assignment and a report to the Dean.
If you choose a collection of poems, documents, or essays, you must write on 3 essays, unless the essays are over 20 pages each, then you only need to write on 2.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.