Discussion Forum 2 Instructions
This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussion Board Forums. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt. For additional information on Post-First, click here for a tutorial.
In Module/Week 8, you will write a 300–350-word Visual Analysis (Part I) and a 200–250-word response to a classmate’s thread (Part II). Please note the word count does not include citations.
A. Visual Analysis (300-350 words)
1. Watch the video: Purdue OWL: Visual Rhetoric.
Copy and Paste into your browser: https://youtu.be/-vJvivIzkDg
2. Review the visual below.
4. Analyze the effectiveness of the visual argument presented in the visual in a 300-350 word response containing the following information:
• Based on what you have learned about rhetoric this term:
• Describe the Rhetorical Situation of the visual (purpose, audience, context).
• How do the visual elements persuade the viewer to think or act in a certain way? Give specific examples of visual elements in the visual. Are the elements effective considering the Rhetorical Situation you have identified? Explain.
• Are there ways that the visual elements could be presented differently for a better result? What aspects of the visual are most effective? Explain.
• Is the visual using pathos, ethos, or logos? Explain.
• Complete your analysis with a summary of the effectiveness of the visual argument presented in the visual.
• Cite the visual according to your documentation style (APA, MLA, or Turabian).
• Write MLA, APA, or Turabian in the title of your thread as follows: Title–Citation style (e.g., “Silence the Violence: A Visual Rhetorical Analysis – APA”).
• Review the Discussion Board Forum Grading Rubric before submitting.
Part II: Reply to Classmate (200-250 words)
Reply to a classmate’s post with a 200-250 word response containing the following information:
• Reply to your classmate’s analysis of the visual.
• Address specific points regarding your classmate’s content related to the OWL video and textbook comparisons of the models of argument.
• Use the principles of argument either to rebut or to support your classmate’s ideas.
• Statements such as, “I like what you said” or “I disagree with your comment,” do not count as replies. You must explain why you liked or disliked the thread by adding additional thoughts or ideas if you agreed with the author or by providing alternative ideas or thoughts when you disagree.
• Keep in mind that, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with your classmates’ opinions, you must be respectful and courteous in every interaction. For more on proper discussion, consult the netiquette policy found in the Student Expectations link of this course.
• Review the Discussion Board Forum Grading Rubric before submitting
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.