1. Watch the brief 3-minute ad below and think about when was the first time you heard the phrase (“you/he/she ___________s like a girl!”). Alternately, you can choose to think about the first time you heard the phrase (“you’re/that/it’s/they’re so gay!”)
2. Describe in one to two paragraphs when you first heard this phrase (whichever you chose “like a girl” or “so gay”). Explain what the situation was, how old you were, whether it was toward you (personally), someone you were with, or saw/heard/read in a media outlet. Discuss if it made you feel anything (e.g. good, indifferent) and your response if applicable (e.g. laughter, anger).
3. Draw from the readings (at least 3) and videos (at least 1) to explain how the use of these phrases shapes an individual’s experience, agency, opportunities, desires, sexuality and/or perceptions of themselves or others. When and how did these phrases become bad/negative/used as insults? When and how did they get so much power? Consider a dominant gender/sex binary as well as the role Intersectionality has in how these phrases are used and what they mean.
4. Finally, discuss how you think we (as a society) and you (as an individual) can combat the use of these phrases in day to day conversation. How can we work to empower “girls” and “gays” in a meaningful, positive way (vis a vis the use of language).
5. Do not forget to include a References page at the end of your document. Failure to do so will result in an automatic 0.
Writing Assignments (35 points each x 2 writing assignments=70 points total): There will be 2 writing assignments due throughout the course. They will be worth 35 points each for a total of 70 points. Writing assignments must be a minimum of 2 full pages, written in Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins. You must EXPLICITLY engage with and cite materials throughout your posts in order to earn full credit. So be sure to cite the materials you use! Please note that this is an upper level college course so in all writing assignments critical analysis should be at the forefront. Centering personal experiences or anecdotes is not appropriate without integrating learning materials from the class. Be sure to edit thoroughly before you submit.
Advantages of using our writing services
Custom Writing From Scratch
All our custom papers are written by qualified writers according to your instructions, thus evading any case of plagiarism. Our team consists of native writers from the USA, Canada, and the Uk, making it convenient for us to find the best to handle your order.
Unlimited Free Revisions
If you feel your paper didn't meet all your requirements, we won't stop till it's perfect. You're entitled to request a free revision within 7 days after we submit your paper.
Quality Writing In Any Format
If you have issues with citing sources and referencing, you need not worry. Our writers are highly knowledgeable in referencing, including APA/MLA/Havard/Chicago/Turabian and all other formatting styles.
Fast Delivery And Adherence To The Deadline
All our custom papers are delivered on time, even the most urgent. If we need more time to perfect your paper, we may contact you via email or phone regarding the deadline extension.
Originality & Security
At Master Homework, your security and privacy is our greatest concern. For this reason, we never share your personal information with third parties. We use several writing tools to ensure your paper is original and free from plagiarism.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are always ready to serve you. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents whenever you need assistance with your order.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work nonstop to see the best client experience.
We offer pocket-friendly prices that coincide with the preferred client's deadline.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
Our support team is always ready to ensure vital interaction between you and the writer whenever you need to elaborate on something.
We deliver our papers early within the stipulated deadlines. We are glad to help you if there should be an occurrence of any alterations required.
Your review, positive or negative, is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, consequently adjusting our policies to ensure the best customer/writer experience.